Monday, June 28, 2010

Coming to the End

The end is near.
I almost have documented all of the major events and sites we participated in on our vacation.
These pictures were taken in downtown Copenhagen, near the Gagade, or walking street.
Exquisite architecture, interesting details, and beautiful people.
Seriously, the stereotype is true! Scandinavians are models, every last one of them!


We took this canal tour and it was a blast. Frederik, our tour guide, was perfect.


These next two pictures are courtesy of Google. Of course when we went to Nyhavn, the most famous spot in Denmark, our camera battery died.
("isn't it ironic.....")



Our last two days in the country, we took a little road trip to the other two main islands, Funen and Jutland. Jutland's not an island though. It's the land attached to Germany.

The Danish countryside was so green and vibrant. And FLAT! I didn't realized how accustomed I had become to living surrounded by mountains until there were none to be seen.
Not even a rolling hill.
This little plateau would be considered a mountain.


Randers was our destination for the night. We stayed with two of Riley's favorite people, Vibeke and Hans Henrik. I LOVED getting to know them! They were wonderful. So hospitable and kind to us foreigners.
Hans Henrik and Riley made a traditional Danish dinner for us. Frikadellar, potatoes, brown sauce, and cabbage.
To. Die. For.
I've been craving meatballs ever since.
Vibeke was insistent that she DOES NOT get her picture taken, so this is what I snuck when they weren't looking.

(This is a picture of a pencil sketch of our gracious host. She's gorgeous.)

Our stay in Randers didn't last long. We left early to head Legoland, and then Odense to see where Hans Christian Anderson lived.

What a cute little village. A perfect environment for a fairy tale author.


Last stop.
The bridge that connects Zealand and Funen was massive.
Puts the Tri-Cities cable bridge to shame....


The coast of Zealand, at Korsor, was such a perfect place to finalize our trip.

Thank you, Vibeke and Hans Henrik for making it possible for us to see the other side of your beautiful country!

No comments: