Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Odds and Ends

(Palads movie theater in downtown Copenhagen)
Finally, I'm to the end of my Denmark recap. This is the last of it. Finally, right?!
These pictures are the randomness of our trip.

Bwah haha ha ha ha! Still makes me laugh.
Yes, I'm a 10 year old.
Yes, I've been hanging around Riley too long...

World's largest privately owned yacht


This is for Katy.
Here's the story: we're sitting on the ferry, coming back to DK from Sweden, and we look down to the vehicle deck and here is this Zumba car.
It instantly made me homesick for Rexburg.
More specifically, homesick for Katy's hip shakin' Zumba stories!


Silly graffiti. So, someone in Denmark is walking around with this stencil. People are funny.


So official. So red.


This blurry toilet picture...ahh, this darn toilet!
It became my nemesis while I was stuck in the bathroom of the round church for a good 12 minutes whilst a group of impatient elementary school children were clamoring outside the door for their turns.
The reason?
I could not for the life of me find the flusher (is that even what that thing is called? flush button? flushette?) It turned out to be the massive button that covers the entire top of the toilet.
I'm American....

Cool playground near the harbor


Our view over Finland


New York!


Our view over Greenland. Are those glaciers? It seems like they fit the description. If so, it blows my mind
All in all, our trip was unforgettable. I think I'm having more fun remembering the details with Riley than the actual vacation.
I wonder where we'll visit next?

2 comments:

Katy said...

hahah!!! this is my favorite post-- i'm laughing like a dweeb still (Middlefart!!! hahahahah... that's a good one, Danes!)

and the Zumba car.... oh what a lovely site-- I'm please as punch to know that those Scandinavians with their beautiful ornate architecture and art can still "shake their booty" (as Hinder would say!)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for 'taking us' all on your vacation... it looks like it was SOOO AWESOME and i loved the way you posted all about it!

As for the memories... it's crazy how much BETTER a vacation gets the further away it slips from you.... at least that's what we always say!

our next vacation: The Farm? San Fran? Mexican Cruise? What'll it be??

Katy said...

i just scrolled up to see Middlefart again!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

oh and "I'm Black.. LOL"

hahahahahah... LOL is RIGHT, Mr. Obama!!!