Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Heroes

Father's are special and they deserve a day.
Think of all the things they do. They work, and provide, and discipline, and smile, and keep proper perspective, they entertain, and they have to do all this while balancing a relationship with a hormonal woman.
Heroes, I tell you! Real-life Heroes!
And my dad (I'm so lucky to say that!), Gordon Killian, is the Hercules of all heroes.

He's amazing. Mentor, manager, crop insurance guru, friend, event planner, sports enthusiast, coach, bishop, husband, uncle, son, counselor, and Papa to three (almost four) little kiddos are just a few of the things he does in addition to being a STELLAR father to nine kids.
Thanks, daddy. Thanks for sticking it out for all these years. And for giving up your adult life and the money in your wallet to your family. When I think of Celestial, I think of you.


And Happy Second Father's Day (whew, we've made it to another one!) to Mr. Hurst!


Ahh....he's so handsome. This picture makes butterflies in my stomach.
Thank you, thank you, thank you times a million billion. You've stuck by me through all my craziness. And no one but you really knows how much craziness that entails.
And you're such a fabulous father to our little guy. You play and wrestle and do all the things I don't. Our kid and future kids are lucky ducks.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Happy Father's Day to Riles and Gordon! Both are pretty wicked awesome Dads, I agree!