This post is all about the food. The glorious and abundant food. It was hands down the best part of the trip.
My first taste of Denmark came in a bottle. Cocio chocolate milk is unlike anything in the states.
Candy everywhere! I should be ashamed to admit my love for candy...but I'll divulge my secret. I was in HEAVEN! Chocolates, licorices, caramels, taffies...all handmade.
Typical fast food was either a fried chicken platter or kabob shwarmas, similar to a lamb pita pocket.
Danish pizza and kabob shwarma
Okay, this was hilarious. These are their hot dogs, called poelser. More like a giant pig in a blanket.
Eating European style was difficult for me. I'm not so ambidextrous.
Now the best part.....pastries.
Try not to salivate.
This was half of a chokolade trekant, or chocolate triangle, pastry. Man, was this good.
Chocotaetre uden mel (flourless chocolate tart)
Mocha eclair. Too pretty to eat.
My childhood memories come flooding back with the name of this next pastry...
Othello lagkage
Kartoffelkage translate to potato cakes. But don't let the name fool you. After one bite I was sure my life's mission was complete and I could die a happy woman.
Think giant cream puff with the most perfectly flaky pastry, dipped in chocolate, wrapped in fondant, and rolled in cocoa.
Romkugle or rum cakes
I'll take one of each.
2 comments:
Jon said this was your best post yet, ha ha ha. It all looks delicious. The potato cakes sound heaven sent. Jon probably won't stop talking about danish pizza or chocolate triangle for the rest of the day. I'm most interested in the hand made licorice. Mmmm.
I agree with Jon... this is THE post I was looking forward to!!
and thanks. I just gained 4 pounds just reading this!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhh the pastries. *solitary tear running down my cheek.
hahaha... i love those baskets too-- in France they do it like that too, it was hard to get used to-- but you're right, genius!! no one was ramming into you with their cart!
however, the NOT so awesome part... you don't get to take as much home with this tiny little basket... where were the Costo-sized behemoth carts when i needed them (for croissants and chocolate)????
ps. i STILL love Riley's "who? me?" faces in photos-- hilarious!!
pss. i am STILL laughing over the hot dogs!!!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha!!!!! it's like a pig in a washcloth.
Post a Comment