Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day Twenty-One

A Photo of Something That Makes You Happy


These are my maternal grandparents.

My Grammy and Papa.


I really love this photo of them together. I think it was taken at a wedding reception, probably mine, and they were behind-the-scenes helping out. They look so happy and always radiant.


The real reason I love this photo is because a few years after this photo was taken, my sweet Papa got in a horrible farming accident and lost one of his arms. The story of all it all happened is pretty incredible and is a testament to how AWESOME this man is. And tough. Oh my goodness...so tough. And even with a missing appendage, he still manages to have a more active life than I ever will. It amazes me.

This photo reminds me that everything that we lose and every pain or disappointment that we endure in this life will all be taken care of. And that remarkable gift is only possible through the Savior, Jesus Christ, and his infinite Atonement. This weekend, as I stuff myself with Cadbury eggs and jellybeans, I'm more grateful than I've EVER been for the reason for the Easter season. For the Savior's life and Resurrection. Happy Easter!


"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear of today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."

-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

1 comment:

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Your Grandma is strikingly beautiful. What wonderful genes to pick up.