Saturday, June 12, 2010

Teton Dam 10K

Here's the latest and greatest from earlier this morning. The annual Teton Dam Marathon...and I was a participant. But only in the 10k race. This was my first race, and hopefully it won't be my last.
So sorry the pictures aren't in any order...
Katy, myself, and Natalie after the race. Thanks for waiting for me to cross the finish line!

Riley and Hinder. Little Ava in the corner.

The crew waiting for Taylor to finish his marathon. Way to go Taylor!


Right after the race. It was at this point that I was cursing myself for the dozens of pastries I ate in Denmark.


Taylor crossing the finish line. 26 miles boggles my mind!


Hinder had a hard time watching people run and not getting to join in.


Ava and Dakota had the best seats in the house.


If that isn't the cutest thing I've ever seen...


And he still has enough strength to smile. AMAZING!


I got to have my picture taken with Taylor Wilson: Marathon Finisher.

4 comments:

Katy said...

You guys are both friggin amazing!!!! Seriously, i'm inspired.... to run.... a.... mile..... indoors.


you're awesome, Des... you've been training so hard for this and I'm really proud (like a mother hen) of you and what you did (jet-lagged and full of amazing Danish pastries, no less!)

GO YOU!!!! Now, let's start training for the next one!!!! :)

Katy said...

ps. i'm sorry about the pic of you and T on my blog-- it's the best one of you both (which is saying a lot cuz it looks like you guys are cracking up. I was gonna name it, "Taylor Farts" but chose the higher road there)

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

You look awesome!! Congrats on a major accomplishment. You are so motivating, I'm hoping to start training for something soon. I've fallen off the fitness band wagon.

Tina said...

wooohooo! Way to go! I run for like 10 minutes and I feel like I am going to die..so props to you!! That really is so awesome! Oh, and I love your pics from Denmark..so pretty. Look like you guys had a lot of fun!!